Wisconsin Fellowship of Poets 2020 Calendar Submissions
Theme: Going Places
Submission Period: September 1 - December 1, 2019
The theme for the 2020 calendar is “Going Places” which can include travel far and wide or close to home—a trip to the supermarket or across the road or a trip across the ocean. Interpret it as you will. A seasonal emphasis is always welcome but not required.
- Because we’d like to publish as many poems as possible, shorter poems have a better chance of being chosen. There is 25-line limit per poem, including stanza breaks. Lines longer than 60 characters count as 2 lines. The calendar is for all people—not only poets—so accessible poems have a better chance.
- Open to anyone with a Wisconsin connection; strong preference given to year-round (or almost) residents.
- Submit 1–2 poems, keeping the line limit in mind. No simultaneous submissions. Previously published okay— credit publisher and year of publication at end of poem.
- Poems should arrive between Sept. 1 and Dec. 1, 2018. Poems sent before Sept. 1 or after 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 1, 2018 will not be considered. • Email poems as one attachment as .doc or .docx (no PDFs) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your attachment include your name, street address, phone, email, and a short 3rd person bio (30 words maximum). Put line count on each poem in upper right or left corner.
- While we prefer email submissions, typed poems may be sent through the post. Please address to:
1604 Drummond St.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
- Postmarked between Sept. 1 and Dec. 1, 2018. Include your address and line count on the page with the poem. Postal subs only: include SASE so we can notify you if your poem is accepted and send a copy of it for final proofing.