Theme: Hanging On
Submission Period: May 1 - June 11, 2017
Jan Chronister, WFOP President, is the guest editor.
Jan Chronister is currently enjoying retirement and being president of the Wisconsin Fellowship of Poets. She teaches poetry classes a few times a year through community education to keep busy when her gardens do not require attention. Her chapbook Target Practice was published by Parallel Press in 2009.
Jan's theme for the issue will be "hanging on." This could conjure up literal images of rock climbers, water-skiers, anyone (or anything) holding onto some visible means of support. There are the obvious metaphorical references to emotional and intellectual efforts. Read William Stafford’s poem “The Way It Is.” What is the thread that runs through your life that you hang on to?
- We will only consider unsolicited submissions from WFOP members. Please send one submission of 1-3 poems (of any length and style) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your last name and "Bramble Submission" in the subject line. In the body of the email please include a cover letter, poet pic, brief bio, and your poems. Please do not submit poems as a separate attachment.
- No previously published poems; no simultaneous submissions.
- Please make only one submission to Bramble per issue.
- If your work was accepted in the last issue of Bramble, we ask that you wait out a cycle before you submit again.
- If you submitted but your work did not appear, we would welcome an opportunity to consider your work for the next issue. Our guest editors will often choose poems to include based on narrative arc or cohesiveness, so keep trying!
- Quarterly issues include: Winter 2017, Spring 2017, Summer 2017 and Fall 2017.
- Contributing authors and artists will receive one contributor's copy of the print issue.
- If you are interested in providing original artwork for the cover, please query at email@example.com.
As stated above, you must be a current member of Wisconsin Fellowship of poets to be eligible for publishing in Bramble. Benefits of membership are listed here. WFOP is an inclusive and accommodating group. If you have any questions or concerns about membership please contact our membership chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Membership is calendar year based from January to December. Join here.