Submission Period: May 1 - June 10, 2018
Guest Editor: David Southward
Every poet has a distinctive technique. The way they come up with ideas, combine words and images, begin and end stanzas—all contribute to the poet’s unique stylistic fingerprint. Send me poems with your fingerprints on them, ones that reveal something about your process and personal touch. It doesn’t matter whether their ink’s still drying or they’re old rejects that you continue to love. What I want are poems that bear your signature and capture your creative passions.
*Please also know that we are limited to publishing black & white artwork in the interior of our print issue. Color artwork submitted will be considered for the cover of the print issue, or for our web issue only.
David Southward teaches literature, film, and comics in the Honors College at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. His poems have appeared most recently in Measure, Gyroscope Review, Light, The Other Journal, and Verse-Virtual. In 2017 he was awarded the Lorine Niedecker Prize from the Council for Wisconsin Writers and the Muse Prize from the Wisconsin Fellowship of Poets. Apocrypha, his sonnet sequence based on the Gospels, will be published by Wipf & Stock in 2019.
- We will only consider unsolicited submissions from WFOP members. Please send one submission of 1-3 poems (of any length and style) to email@example.com. Please put your last name and "Bramble Submission" in the subject line. In the body of the email please include a cover letter, poet pic, a 50 word bio, and your poems. Please do not submit poems as a separate attachment unless your poem requires special formatting, in which case please send a PDF version.
- Poems are read blind. Submissions are collected and sent to our guest editor scrubbed of any identifying info.
- No previously published poems; no simultaneous submissions.
- Please make only one submission to Bramble per issue.
- If your work was accepted in the last issue of Bramble, we ask that you wait out a cycle before you submit again.
- If you submitted but your work did not appear, we would welcome an opportunity to consider your work for the next issue. Our guest editors will often choose poems to include based on narrative arc or cohesiveness, so keep trying!
- Quarterly issues include: Winter 2018, Spring 2018, Summer 2018 and Fall 2018.
- Contributing authors and artists will receive one contributor's copy of the print issue.
- If you are interested in providing original artwork for the cover, please query at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WFOP is an inclusive and accommodating group. Benefits of membership are listed here. If you have any questions or concerns about membership please contact our membership chair at email@example.com. Membership is calendar year based from January to December. Join here.
If you would like to receive email notifications from Bramble about Bramble news or new Bramble releases please sign-up below. The magazine will issue quarterly by season: winter, spring, summer and fall.