Wisconsin Fellowship of Poets (WFOP) is an organization founded for the creation, promotion and enjoyment of poetry throughout the state of Wisconsin. WFOP is a non-profit organization run wholly by volunteers. To fulfill our mission, we are looking for strong active members.
Membership is open to residents and former residents of Wisconsin who are interested in the aims and endeavors of the organization.
Member benefits include:
- Conferences: Spring and fall conferences are held around the state. Registration is now open for our Spring Conference in Madison, April 29 and 30. Learn more here. Register online or mail-in here.
- Regions: Seven regions provide additional gatherings, readings, and local events. Check here to find your region.
- Museletter: Members receive the quarterly Museletter, featuring upcoming WFOP and member events, poetry activities around the state, poetry page and more.
- Calendar: Our primary fundraiser is the annual Wisconsin Poets' Calendar. Members and non-members can submit poems for consideration.
- Contests: WFOP sponsors annual contests for members and non-members
- Member Pages: Members are eligible for a personal page on the WFOP website, which may include contact info, bio, publications, personal website link, sample poetry and chapbooks or collections.
- Join or renew today.
angles of being
It’s all angle after all. What we see and especially what we miss.
Like the leaf bird limed and shadowed to match every other green upturned hand blooming on the August tree. Indecipherable. Even when wings flutter like leaves in breeze.
Or the silhouette—dark and curved on the bare oak. Beak, parted tail, each mistakable for knot, branch, or twig. Only when one exits the scene, unblends and isolates itself, flies against too blue sky does the game of hidden pictures end.
Ah, angles. Tell all or tell it slant. What we dream, appear, or inverted seem to be.
Kimberly M. Blaeser
Wisconsin Poet Laureate