"Best Stuff" 2018 Poets Calendar
The tried-and-true advice from the past still applies:
- Shorter poems have a better chance of getting in. We want to include as many poems as possible.
- To aid us in publishing as many as possible, there will be a strict 30 line limit, including stanza breaks. Lines longer than 60 characters count as 2 lines.
- Seasonal works also will have a slight advantage. And accessible poems as well; remember the audience is not just other poets but the general public.
- Submissions are open to all with a connection to Wisconsin, but strong preference will be given to those who are year-round (or almost year-round) residents.
- That said, we have no specific theme but encourage you to send us “your best stuff."
- Send no more than three poems, previously published is ok, but credit publisher and include year of publication.
- Poems arriving after 11:59 PM on December 1, 2016, will not be considered.
- Email 1-3 poems in one (1) Word or Word-compatible file (no PDFs) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you prefer, you may mail poems to: Richard Swanson, 7320 Cedar Creek Trail, Madison, WI 53717.
- Include, with email or mail submission. a short bio; a strict 30 word limit will be enforced.
Thank you, and good luck to all.
Editors: Richard Swanson and Ed Werstein