Wisconsin Fellowship of Poets 2019 Calendar Submissions
Theme: Celebrating Wisconsin People
Native Americans, African Americans,
Asian Americans, European Americans and Spanish-speaking Americans are welcomed.
The tried-and-true advice from the past still applies:
- The theme for the 2019 calendar is "Celebrating Wisconsin People," which includes Native Americans, African Americans, Asian Americans, European Americans, Spanish-Speaking Americans, Bi-racial and Multi-racial Americans.
- Shorter poems have a better chance of getting in. I want to include as many poems as possible.
- To aid me in publishing as many as possible, there will be a strict 30 line limit, including stanza breaks. Lines longer than 60 characters count as 2 lines.
- Poems celebrating inclusions, racial and cultural diversity will have a slight advantage. Poems should also be accessible as the calendar speaks to not just other poets but to all of the people in Wisconsin.
- Submissions are open to all with a connection to Wisconsin, but strong preference will be given to those who are year-round (or almost year-round) residents.
- Poems will be accepted in other languages, as long as an English translation is also submitted. There is a 15 line limit for each version (30 line limit in total).
- Send no more than TWO poems, previously published is ok, but credit publisher and include year of publication.
- Poems should arrive between September 1 and December 1, 2017. Poems before September 1 or after 11:59pm on December 1, 2017, will not be considered.
- Email 1-2 poems in one (1) Word or Word-compatible file (no PDFs) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you prefer, you may mail poems to: James Roberts, 324 Kedzie Street, Apt. 30, Madison, WI 53704. He will type and email to me. Include a stamped, self-addressed envelop for him to send you your final version.
- Include, with email or mail submission. a short bio; a strict 30 word limit will be enforced.
Thank you, welcome and I look forward to our 2019 WFOP Calendar.
Editor: Poet Fabu | Fabu Phillis Carter