2018 Muse Contest
2018 MUSE PRIZE FOR EXCELLENCE IN POETRY
DEADLINE FEBRUARY 1, 2018
1. Contestant must be a Wisconsin resident 18 years of age or older.
2. The entry form must be completed in full, included with the submission and postmarked by the contest deadline date listed on the entry form.
3. Only one original unpublished poem not under consideration elsewhere may be entered in the WFOP Muse Prize contest. The poem may not be a simultaneous submission and it may not have won a monetary award in any contest. Seventy-five line maximum. Send two copies of poem. Plagiarism disqualifies the contestant.
4. Manuscript must be typed on 8 ½” x 11” white paper, one side only. Writer’s name should not appear on the page with the poem.
5. An entry fee of $4.00 for WFOP members and $8.00 for non-members must accompany the submission or may be paid online at wfop.org/store. Checks are to be made out to WFOP Literary Fund and mailed to WFOP/Muse/Jagielski, 572 Berwyn Drive, Fontana, WI 53125-1556. Send entry in #10 business-size envelope only.
6. Prizes are: 1st place - $200.00, 2nd - $100.00, 3rd - $75.00.
7. Only the winners will be notified prior to the WFOP 2018 Spring Conference. The list of winners will be published in the WFOP Museletter and posted on wfop.org after the conference.
8. Prizes will be awarded only if there are sufficient entries and the contest judge determines that an entry warrants a prize award.
9. The first-place winner of the Muse Prize will be ineligible to enter for three years.
10. WFOP is not responsible for lost manuscripts. Do not send a SASE. Entries will not be returned and there will be no notification if an entry is disqualified for failure to follow any of the above rules.
11. Author retains all rights to his/her work.
Please mail submissions to Jerome Jagielski, ATTN: WFOP Muse, 572 Berwyn Drive, Fontana, WI 53125-1556