2018 Chapbook Contest
The Wisconsin Fellowship of Poets (WFOP) is dedicated to promoting poetry in Wisconsin and seeks to expand its con- test offerings by honoring the best chapbook published in the previous year by a Wisconsin resident.
1. Contestant must be a Wisconsin resident 18 years of age or older. A resident is a person who maintains a perma- nent residence in Wisconsin or who has lived for at least six continuous months in the state during the contest year. A contestant does not need to be a member of the Wisconsin Fellowship of Poets (however, non-members pay a slightly higher submission fee, see below).
2. The contest opens September 1, 2017. The entry form must be completed in full, included with the submission and entry fee, and postmarked by the contest DEADLINE, which is February 1, 2018.
3. Chapbooks may be entered by the author or the publisher, up to forty-seven total pages long, and published in 2017. Chapbooks may be self-published. Print only; online and e-book chapbooks do not qualify.
4. The non-refundable entry fee is $7 per chapbook entry for WFOP members and $15 per chapbook entry for non- members . Make check payable to WFOP Literary Fund. Mail chapbook, entry form, and check to:
2022 Jefferson St.
Madison, WI 53711
5. The prizes are: First Place - $200; Second Place - $100. Prizes will be awarded only if there are sufficient entries and the contest judge determines that an entry warrants a prize.
6. The contest will be judged by a writing professional who resides outside the state. This year’s judge will be Pat Valdata from Maryland.
7. Only the winners will be notified prior to the WFOP Spring Conference in April 2018. The First and Second Place winners are invited to attend the awards presentation luncheon as guests of WFOP. The winners will be published in the WFOP Museletter and on its website at wfop.org.
8. The First Place winner of the WFOP Chapbook Prize will be ineligible to enter that contest again for three years.
9. The WFOP is not responsible for lost books. Do not send a SASE. Entries will not be returned and there will be no notification if an entry is disqualified for failure to follow any of the above rules.
10. Author retains all rights to his/her work.
11. Address questions to Gillian Nevers: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules and entry form for mail-in entry here.
** Mail-in entries only, please. **