2017 Triad Contest
TRIAD POETRY CONTEST RULES 2017
Theme Award | Poet’s Choice Award | Kay Saunders Emerging Poet Award
Submission Period: June 1 - September 1, 2017
- Contestant must be a current WFOP member.
- There is no entry fee. Do not send SASE. Entries will not be returned.
- Entry Form must be completed in full, included with the submission. Contest opens on June 1st. Entries must be postmarked by September 1. Please use a business size envelope, if possible. Last minute entries in large envelopes often do not arrive until after the packets of poems have been sent to the judges.
- Contestant may enter only one original, unpublished poem in each category. The same poem may not be entered in more than one category. Categories are described on the Entry Form. Please note changes in the eligibility rules for the Kay Saunders Emerging Poet category on the entry form.
- Manuscript must be typed on 8 1/2"x11" white paper, one side only, one poem to a page. Type the category in the upper left corner.
- Writer’s name should NOT appear on the page with the poem.
- Only the winners will be notified prior to the Fall Conference where the presentations will be made. The names will be posted on the WFOP website and included in the Museletter following the conference.
- The First Place winner in each category will be ineligible to enter that category the following year.
- Prizes will be awarded only if there are sufficient entries and the contest judge determines that an entry warrants an award
- Please do not post your entries on your webpage until after the contest has been judged.
- For each category below, prizes are $100, $50, $30.
Theme: Rules or Laws (quote a rule or law as an epigraph or title)
Kay Saunders Emerging Poet